Thursday, April 28, 2011

Holes

There's a trap door in your bedroom.

I'm going to find it.

There's window in your living room.

I'm hoping to climb out of it.

There's a porch on the first floor of your two story home.

I'm going to jump it.

When you open your eyes at the crack of dawn...

don't bother looking

I'll be gone.

I think about you on my walk alone

I think about you on my drive home

When will I see you again?

Could it be months, years?

But I can't think that way

You're not here to stay

But we both know, I can't hold my breath for long

Only takes my leftover footprints for you to catch on

How far can a quarter tank of gas take me?

Why continue to try?

My legs are tired, throat is dry

Guess I figure if I run away far enough

You wont be able to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment