Wednesday, February 9, 2011

At the edge of the ocean...

Sade softly serenades me in the background as I lay here, on my stomach, nibbling on a Kent State pen. Thoughts of paying bills, meeting deadlines and working swirl through my mind like a fast current, pulling me closer towards the undertow. Worries so deep that not even Dido, Sade or Jill Scott would be able to cure. Watching "Friends" Season 8 where Rachel discovers that she is carrying Ross's baby has an incredible skill of distracting me for a half hour, sometimes longer. Once my hand meets the remote and I power down, my responsibilities still remain, hovering over my shoulders like a 10 year old in love with piggy back rides. I'm so worried about by story for the second issue. Personally, I don't think it has enough momentum but I am going to do whatever it takes to make this story work. I have a lab report due at 11am and don't have the actual lab because I ripped the pages out last semester then dropped the lab like an idiot. I have to work tomorrow at 4pm, at the same place I've been for almost 2 years now. As a server, the money...at times, shoots at you like it's coming full speed out of a canon, but it's not always guaranteed. I'm ready for the next phase of my life, such as, having a career. Servers work extremely long, demanding hours, compromising holidays and birthdays. If you have never served or bar-tended before, I suggest you try it. Definitely one of the toughest, under-appreciated jobs out there. Why haven't I quit? Why haven't I taken out a loan to live off of? I'm not a quitter. I don't want to burn bridges. I'll keep a job for as long as I need it. I worked at my last job for three years and leaving was a very difficult decision for me to make in the year of 2010. In the long run, I know that it was the right decision. Looks like I'm just up late, rambling on my blog. What else is new? Guess it's time to close my laptop down, pour myself a glass of V8 splash and fall asleep to Friends. Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment